To slow the spread of COVID-19, we are asking everyone to follow the 3P’s: PREVENT, PROTECT and PROVIDE.
We can PREVENT COVID-19 and PROTECT ourselves, friends, family and neighbors by:
- Staying home, except for essential activities like work, grocery shopping, and medical/pharmacy visits: the surest way to slow the spread of COVID-19 is to remain at home as much as possible. We all know someone at risk, so let’s do it for mom, dad, grandma and grandpa.
- Creating a closed social bubble (a small and exclusive group of people) with another person, family or household that you can spend time with at home. By creating a social bubble now, you will be able to celebrate the July 4th weekend and socialize into the summer while avoiding high risk public places and social gatherings.
- If you must leave your home or your bubble for essential activities, practicing social distancing (six feet distance between people), wearing a mask and washing your hands with soap or hand sanitizer regularly (especially when you return home).
- Covering Up for COVID-19: when in public, wear a mask, over your nose and mouth, and wash your cloth masks every day.
But we also have to PROVIDE information.
5. Please answer your phone or respond to texts from 210-207 phone numbers. Contact tracing is a tool to slow the spread of disease. It helps us find people who have been exposed and infected before they can give COVID-19 to anyone else. Think of COVID-19 as a wildfire. Contact tracing is like digging a fire line around the fire to slow the spread. Each new case is a hotspot and contact tracing helps us prevent new hotspots from becoming bigger fires. By talking with a contact tracer, you will help prevent further infections and deaths.
6. Only seek a COVID-19 test if you are showing symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell). Do not go to the emergency room for a test!
CRC Education and Enforcement Workgroup