About the Journal
Since 2008, Connective Tissue has played an important role in cultivating arts and humanities at the UT Health San Antonio. Complimentary copies of the current issue are available in the Center for Medical Humanities & Ethics, located on the 4th floor of the Briscoe Library, room 4.042.
Special thanks to the Center for Medical Humanities & Ethics and the many donors who make this student-led publication possible.
Seeking Submissions for Publication:
Monday, January 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM
Submit your original poems, prose, art or photography to be considered for publication at: judgify.me/CT2020
- prose, poetry, essays, interviews, memoirs, narratives, short stories
- 55-Word Story
- must be exactly 55 words, may be fiction or non-fiction (see examples published in 2016 issue)
- Visual Art
- painting, illustration, sculpture, mixed media
- Submissions are welcome from students, faculty, staff, patients, volunteers, and associates
- Work must be your own and not previously published
- We encourage submitting pieces related to healthcare, but this is not a prerequisite
- Visual art should be submitted for review in digital format
- Written work must be fewer than 2,000 words, and exactly 55 words for the 55-Word Story category
- Multiple submissions are welcome, with up to three submissions per person (in any category)
Join the 2020 Selection Judging Panel
The Connective Tissue (CT) Literature & Visual Arts Journal is seeking student volunteers for the 2020-21 selection judging panel. Those interested can apply here. Students from all UT Health San Antonio schools are encouraged to volunteer. This is a great opportunity to add a more creative component to your medical studies.
Selection panel members review all de-identified submissions in literature and/or visual art categories and submits rank-ordered list to editorial staff. The review/ranking process is done electronically on an individual basis and will take place in mid to late January 2020. You will not be required to attend any group meetings in this role but are encouraged to attend the launch party in April 2020. All selection panel members are recognized in the annual publication. There is currently no limit to the number of selection panel members, requests to participate will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Connective Tissue 2019-2020 Editorial Staff
- Alexis Ramos (Co-Editor-in-Chief)
- Lina Mahmood (Co-Editor-in-Chief)
- Kristy Kosub, M.D.
- Ruth Berggren, M.D.